Card games and gambling have always gone hand in hand. Fans of card games will feel right at home at King of Cards slots by Novomatic. This slot machine is easy and fun to play, which is why it’s perfect for those who want to relax after a hard day’s work.
What You Need to Know About King of Cards
Novomatic slots have set trends and shaped the gaming experience of many players. Since the launch of the first Novomatic slot, numerous games have made it into many online casinos. This also includes the well-known classic King of Cards.
When it comes to King of Cards, you might not think of it as an online slot at first. But that’s exactly what it is. Novomatic has done an outstanding job combining card games with a gaming machine. And the best part is that you can win up to $90,000.
The name of the slot makes it pretty clear what symbols are presented on the five reels. Of course, these are the classic card symbols, but then there are other things from card games. More on that below.
Despite the retro look and mediocre animations, the King of Cards gaming machine is a lot of fun. This is mainly due to a large number of features that can easily keep up with newer slot machines.
What is atypical about King of Cards is the fact that Novomatic explicitly uses playing card symbols, disregarding all image symbols.
The game is played with up to ten paylines and includes several features. There is a wide range of betting options available for real money play.
The minimum bet is $0.1 per spin and the maximum bet is €100. How many dollars you win always depends on the line bet. The maximum win on this slot is 9,000 times the line bet.
Here is a numerical example to clarify: a player sets the bet level to $0.50 and plays with ten paylines. A full screen with wilds now results in $0.05 (bet per payline) x 9,000, i.e. $450. The maximum win is therefore $10 x $9,000 = $90,000.
Some other facts about this slot:
- The design and the game as a whole are simple, which makes the game perfectly suitable for newcomers;
- Neat sound effects;
- The chances of winning are slightly above average.
King of Cards online casino game brings the theme of the good old card games into the video slot world and, thanks to the simplicity of the game, ensures that every gambler will have the best possible experience.
Since the machine has been around for many years, its graphics and animations cannot keep up with today’s video slots and are reminiscent of the early arcade days.
Design and Sound Effects
You will quickly recognize the well-known sounds of Novomatic in the background. The electronic noises were used in a similar form in one-armed bandits.
If you prefer to play without the sounds, you can turn off the sound in the bottom left corner. By the way, directly under the “Menu” button, you will find the rules and the payout table of the game.
The symbols are all kept quite simple and the animations in the event of a win are not really spectacular either. So fans of unusual graphics and dense atmosphere should look elsewhere.
However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t win big while enjoying the simple atmosphere of the King of Cards slot machine.
How to Play the Slot
Once you launch King of Cards, you will see that its characteristics that are so typical for Novomatic:
- 5 reels;
- 3 rows of symbols;
- 9 or 10 paylines (depending on game version);
- Control buttons under the reels.
There are now two different game versions of the King of Cards slot: the original version with nine paylines and a newer version with ten paylines.
Here is what you need to do in order to launch the game:
- The number of paylines can be selected by the player himself. It is not fixed;
- You can also choose how much you want to bet per line;
- The total bet, which is displayed directly under the reels, is calculated from these two components;
- Depending on the casino you select, you can start playing with just a few cents or with one dollar;
- In the majority of casinos, the maximum bet is an impressive $100 per spin which is ideal for high rollers;
- After setting the number of lines and the bet amount, click on the “Spin» button. And you can quickly play through as many spins as you like using the autoplay feature.
Symbols and Winning Combinations
So how exactly can you win in this game? It’s a lot easier than you think. You need to get the best possible combinations.
- Winning combinations are formed when at least two or three of the same symbols appear next to each other;
- The payline on which the combination is located must be activated;
- Scoring is always based on the roll on the far left;
- Only the highest win per payline is counted;
- The win amount is calculated from the line bet.
There are a total of 13 King of Cards symbols you may come across. We’ve arranged them in ascending order of importance:
- 9. The symbol with the lowest value. It pays out money for two symbols that appear next to each other;
- 10, J, Q. The payouts of these three characters are identical to 9, with the only difference being that they require a minimum of three symbols in a row;
- A, K. The profits are slightly higher for three or more of these two symbols;
- Clubs and diamonds. These are the first two higher-value signs, which can get you significantly larger winnings. At least three of them next to each other are also required here;
- Spade symbols. You get even more money for three, four, or five of the spade symbols;
- Hearts. The single heart symbol increases the winning possibilities significantly. It not only brings profits from two adjacent characters but also ensures very large payouts, especially in five rows;
- Game chips. The stack of game chips also brings additional cash from as little as two characters and increases the potential winnings;
- Joker. This symbol can bring you the most possible prizes.
While the symbols aren’t all that stunning in terms of design, they are quite convincing in terms of payouts. The fact that prizes are awarded for two of the same characters is also pretty cool.
We have already listed all symbols and their payouts. Now it’s time to talk a look at the two that come with special features:
As with many well-known card games, the joker also has a special function in this slot. It is the wild symbol and can therefore form its own winning rows as well as help to form winning combinations for all other symbols.
In addition to this, wins created via wild symbols come with a 2x multiplier. This means that the regular winnings of the combinations are paid twice as much.
The gambling chips are the second special symbol. This is a scatter, which can also appear on the screen for winning payouts.
In addition to the two special symbols, there is also another bonus feature and a whole range of multipliers to add some variety to the regular gameplay.
Multipliers are an essential element in generating payouts. Novomatic seems to know how much players like to get the so-called multipliers while playing.
The winnings in the King of Cards slots are multiplied in two places: on winning combinations and on all wins generated in free spins.
The wild symbol comes with a double multiplier, and there is also a triple multiplier that you can get during the free spins. All payouts generated from the King of Cards free spins are thus tripled.
Like almost all Novomatic slot machines, this pokie offers the opportunity to try your luck in the risk game.
This so-called gamble feature can be activated after each win by clicking on the special button. It is, however, a pure game of chance in which you can either lose everything in one fell swoop or multiply your winning.
We have already mentioned the multipliers thanks to which you can increase the potential prizes.
And while these, of course, provide a special treat for most players, they do not directly contribute to increasing the overall chances of winning.
The average chances of winning, also called RTP (Return To Player) or payout ratio, represent a fixed characteristic of the slot machine that cannot be influenced by the player himself.
In the case of the King of Cards slot, the RTP is around 95%. A value that is not exactly amazing, but is very typical for classic slot machines.
What is special about this game and makes it stand out from other similar fruit slots is the high variance.
This high variance means that winnings are paid out comparatively rarely, but that there are usually higher winnings.
While some players may appreciate the added excitement, the potentially long delay in payouts can pose a problem for players on tight budgets or lacking in patience.
Alternatives to the King of Cards Slot
- Savanna Moon. Bally Wulff offers numerous exciting alternatives to Novomatic slot machines. This includes the Savanna Moon slot. Wild and scatter symbols appear on up to ten paylines. During free spins, all the prize money is multiplied by 3. The free spins can be extended as often as you like, all you need is three scatters to appear on the reels again. The wild complements all possible winning combinations and doubles the win;
- Fort Brave. Another good alternative to the King of Cards online slot machine is Fort Brave. Here, too, free spins can be won by landing three scatter symbols. A multiplier is active during the free spins, which is activated when the wild symbol appears. The highest possible multiplier is x27. All wins are only given an additional multiplier when a wild symbol appears. What’s special about this game is that the wild symbol here doesn’t need to complete any winning combos to trigger the multiplier. However, this only applies to free spins;
- Magic Stone. With the Magic Stone, Bally Wulff offers another good alternative to the King of Cards game. There are numerous symbols and a special feature that is triggered when the magic stone appears on the middle reel on five reels and ten fixed paylines. Three game symbols are then transformed into wilds. This allows players to cover entire paylines with wild symbols.
King of Cards Demo Version
There is also a demo version of the gaming machine. It may be a good idea to try the slot for free first, especially on a first visit. So you can get a good picture of the high variance of the game without worrying and find out how you feel about such highly variable games.
Tired of the free-play version with no real chance to win? Then switch back to the real money mode. All you have to do is find a reliable and reputable casino site that offers this game.
The King of Cards online slot was originally designed for PCs. There is no separate mobile version of the game. But of course, you can still play this pokie on mobile devices.
The easiest way to access King of Cards on a mobile device is via a mobile casino homepage. Simply call up the casino in the browser and start the game.
Thanks to the simple graphics and the easily understandable gameplay, there should be no problems when playing on smaller screens.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the average length of a round?
One bonus round typically lasts around a couple of minutes.
What’s the minimum bet?
It depends on the casino and is usually as little as $0.1.
Is there a max bet?
The maximum bet is $100.
What is the minimum and the maximum sum you can win?
The minimum sum you can win is $0.1 while the maximum sum is $90,000.
Clear and simple — these are the two words that come to mind when playing this game. The extra something in this otherwise quite ordinary slot clearly comes from the high variance and the potentially extremely lucrative but difficult to trigger free spins. With a bit of luck, this gaming machine can bring you massive winnings.